- Place a large stockpot over medium heat on the stove top. Sprinkle the bottom of pot with a pinch of salt and heat 1 minute. Add the butter and stir until melted, being careful not to let it brown or burn. This will create a nonstick effect.
- Add the onion, red pepper, celery, and the garlic and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chicken stock/Vegetable stock, canned tomatoes with juice, basil, parsley, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Continue to simmer (do not boil) for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf. carefully puree your tomatoes and all the vegetables and stock.
- Stir in the cream to thoroughly heat.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy.
Share your story with us on Instagram