Keto Crunchy Chicken
Juicy chicken baked to the perfect crunch!
Time Required45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to Gas 9, 240°C, fan 220°C.
- For the vegan version - if using extra firm tofu, first pat dry then marinade in vegan bouillon. Overnight is a best, but a few hours or whatever time you have will add favour.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and mix whites and yolks. Add the chicken (or tofu) and garlic to the eggs.
- Mix the breadcrumbs in a zip lock back.
- Add the egg covered chicken drumsticks or tofu one at a time and shake until covered.
- Repeat for extra crunch.
- Grease a baking tray and place drumsticks evenly.
- Cook for 30-35 mins at the top of the oven – turning halfway through. Check that the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Serve with lime wedges, slaw, mayonnaise, keto ketchup, salad or celeriac chips.
Share your story with us on Instagram