Keto Crunchy Chicken3 net carbs per portion
KFC: Keto ‘Fried’ Chicken
Juicy chicken baked to the perfect crunch! You can have a KFC-style crispy chicken meal while following a keto diet.
To make keto bread crumbs, dry a few slices of our seeded bread in a low oven. Once dry, use a Nutri-Bbullet or food process to smash down the bread into perfect low-carb crumbs – perfect for coating chicken, fish, cheese, vegetables or anything you fancy!
While our crunchy chicken is baked, if you have a deep fat fryer, this recipe would still work perfectly in there.
Time Required45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to Gas 9, 240°C, fan 220°C.
- For the vegan version - if using extra firm tofu, first pat dry then marinade in vegan bouillon. Overnight is a best, but a few hours or whatever time you have will add favour.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and mix whites and yolks. After dipping in the almond flour, add the chicken (or tofu) and garlic to the eggs.
- Mix the breadcrumbs in a zip lock back.
- Add the egg covered chicken drumsticks or tofu one at a time and shake until covered.
- Repeat for extra crunch.
- Grease a baking tray and place drumsticks evenly.
- Cook for 30-35 mins at the top of the oven – turning halfway through. Check that the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Season well and serve with lime wedges, slaw, mayonnaise, keto ketchup, salad or celeriac chips.
you may also
be interested in
Share your story with us on Instagram